Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Daulton, Douglas" <dd...@mgmmirage.com> on 2004/08/25 21:17:13 UTC

Embedded CSS in HTML Email

Along the same lines as the NOSEND post, we are having a major debate
about the value of CSS embedded in HTML email.  Some resources say major
ISPs, most notably AOL, will strip out CSS and may outright send CSS
email to the bulk mail folder.  Others say only particular methods (i.e.
import, link, style, inline) of using CSS are affected.

I know the browsers built into many mail clients are less robust than
their browser-only counterparts, but this just seems wrong. It is
particularly counter-intuitive as CSS/XHTML has become so integral to
next-gen browsers.

Any insights/links are greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Doug Daulton
Email Systems Manager
Email Marketing | Graphic Arts