Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com> on 2018/11/21 17:22:20 UTC

OpenTracing ServletContainerInitializer

Hi folks,

OpenTracing registers its filter with a ServletContainerInitializer. This is valid for all app being deployed on a server.

We can exclude and the app by adding a specific config and the microprofile-config file (or geronimo one). I was wondering if we couldn’t add a white / black list as well, so we don’t require to actually have to go to each app and add those files in.

What do you think?

Cheers,
Roberto

Re: OpenTracing ServletContainerInitializer

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Well there are a few points to make in perspective here:

1. It is not that complicated ;). Joke apart it is a source reading in
systeminstance props and prefixing it by the app name using AppFinder, 15
lines pby
2. On geronimo side you are embed so no real need of that (would be
misleading IMHO)
3. TomEE needs it anyway to support its own config and it must be
contextual and support a webapp prefix

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roberto Cortez <ra...@yahoo.com>.