Posted to batik-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by dfalck <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/28 22:28:27 UTC

Autodesk Project Draw

Hi,

I'm a long time user and fan of Batik, first time poster...

I just wanted to write and say thanks for Batik - its an awesome set of
tools.  Our labs team has been using it on Project Draw,
http://draw.labs.autodesk.com to export users' diagrams in PNG, JPEG, and
PDF format.

I'm regression testing the 1.7 release and I have to say that the
transcoders seem a lot more efficient.  The PDFTranscoder, in terms of speed
and quality is orders of magnitude better too...huge difference.

Anyways, thanks again.  You all rock!

David Falck
Software Engineer
Autodesk Labs

Re: Autodesk Project Draw

Posted by Cameron McCormack <ca...@mcc.id.au>.
Hi David.

David Falck:
> I'm a long time user and fan of Batik, first time poster...
>
> I just wanted to write and say thanks for Batik - its an awesome set of
> tools.  Our labs team has been using it on Project Draw,
> http://draw.labs.autodesk.com to export users' diagrams in PNG, JPEG, and
> PDF format.
>
> I'm regression testing the 1.7 release and I have to say that the
> transcoders seem a lot more efficient.  The PDFTranscoder, in terms of speed
> and quality is orders of magnitude better too...huge difference.
>
> Anyways, thanks again.  You all rock!

Thanks for the kind words!  Definitely a lot of the kudos for the
transcoder improvements should go to the FOP team, as they’re the ones
hard at work on the PDFTranscoder, and who got the performance boost.

--
Cameron McCormack, http://mcc.id.au/