Posted to ddlutils-user@db.apache.org by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com> on 2005/12/05 15:17:13 UTC

Using DdlUtils in an XMLBeans Sample

There is a XMLBeans sample that uses DdlUtils. It was using a development
version of Jakarta SQL Commons until that disappeared. I've upgraded it to
use DdlUtils. See the patch to this issue,
http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-227, because it is not in the
subversion repository yet.

The sample generates an ojb, torque database schema from any xml schema
using Velocity. The advantage of using XMLBeans is its robust XML Type API
used to determine whether or not a xml schema type can be represented by a
database type.

What is the road map with DdlUtils, Is there going to be a release any time
soon?
--
Philip Donaghy
Skype: philipmarkdonaghy

Re: Using DdlUtils in an XMLBeans Sample

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.
On 12/5/05, Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:

> It's been around since last ApacheCon US 2004,
> http://xmlbeans.apache.org/samples/vxsdb.html
> I'll ask them to get the patch in ASAP.

Thanks!

> I give you a hand with some of the documentation. Looking forward to meeting
> you in San Diego.

That would be great! See you in San Diego!

Tom

Re: Using DdlUtils in an XMLBeans Sample

Posted by Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com>.
On 12/5/05, Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 12/5/05, Philip Mark Donaghy <ph...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > There is a XMLBeans sample that uses DdlUtils. It was using a
> development
> > version of Jakarta SQL Commons until that disappeared. I've upgraded it
> > use DdlUtils. See the patch to this issue,
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/XMLBEANS-227, because it is not in
> the
> > subversion repository yet.
> >
> > The sample generates an ojb, torque database schema from any xml schema
> > using Velocity. The advantage of using XMLBeans is its robust XML Type
> API
> > used to determine whether or not a xml schema type can be represented by
> > database type.
>
> That's cool ! As it happens, I'll be doing a talk at the ApacheCon
> about XML mapping @ Apache, which also talks about XmlBeans :-)
> Please be so kind and notify us when the sample is in SVN, I'd like to
> put a link to it from the DdlUtils page.

It's been around since last ApacheCon US 2004,
http://xmlbeans.apache.org/samples/vxsdb.html
I'll ask them to get the patch in ASAP.

> What is the road map with DdlUtils, Is there going to be a release any
> time
> > soon?
>
> You can expect the 1.0 release the end of this year/the beginning of
> next year. There are a couple of issues to fix yet (mostly related to
> reading the model from the live database), but I think I got time for
> them after ApacheCon.

I give you a hand with some of the documentation. Looking forward to meeting
you in San Diego.

regards,

Posted by Thomas Dudziak <to...@gmail.com>.