Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Christian Rosenberger <pi...@gmx.de> on 2004/10/22 00:24:43 UTC

Cocoon 2.1.5.1 and BEA Weblogic 8.1 SP3

Hello,is there anyone out there, who uses the current BEA weblogic server
with the current Cocoon version?There are two ways, I deployed Cocoon - both
not working:1. Build Cocoon as web archive directory (build.sh webapp)If I
want to access the first cocoon page (http://localhost:7001/cocoon/), I get
a error message "Resource not found":Complete stacktrace is:
org.apache.cocoon.ResourceNotFoundException: No pipeline matched request:
index.html at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelineNode.invoke(Lorg.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment;Lorg.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.InvokeContext;)Z(PipelineNode.java:131)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.AbstractParentProcessingNode.invokeNodes([Lorg.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.ProcessingNode;Lorg.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment;Lorg.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.InvokeContext;)Z(AbstractParentProcessingNode.java:72)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.sitemap.PipelinesNode.invoke(Lorg.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment;Lorg.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.InvokeContext;)Z(PipelinesNode.java:101)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(Lorg.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment;Lorg.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.InvokeContext;)Z(TreeProcessor.java:336)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.treeprocessor.TreeProcessor.process(Lorg.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment;)Z(TreeProcessor.java:277)
at
org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.process(Lorg.apache.cocoon.environment.Environment;)Z(Cocoon.java:639)
at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.service(Ljavax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest;Ljavax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse;)V(CocoonServlet.java:1098)
at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(Ljavax.servlet.ServletRequest;Ljavax.servlet.ServletResponse;)V(HttpServlet.java:853)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run()Ljava.lang.Object;(ServletStubImpl.java:996)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(Ljavax.servlet.ServletRequest;Ljavax.servlet.ServletResponse;Lweblogic.servlet.internal.FilterChainImpl;)V(ServletStubImpl.java:419)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(Ljavax.servlet.ServletRequest;Ljavax.servlet.ServletResponse;)V(ServletStubImpl.java:315)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run()Ljava.lang.Object;(WebAppServletContext.java:6452)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Lweblogic.security.subject.AbstractSubject;Ljava.security.PrivilegedAction;)Ljava.lang.Object;(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Ljava.security.PrivilegedAction;)Ljava.lang.Object;(SecurityManager.java:118)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(Lweblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl;Lweblogic.servlet.internal.ServletResponseImpl;)V(WebAppServletContext.java:3661)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(Lweblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread;)V(ServletRequestImpl.java:2630)
at
weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(Lweblogic.kernel.ExecuteRequest;)V(ExecuteThread.java:219)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run()V(ExecuteThread.java:178) at
java.lang.Thread.startThreadFromVM(Ljava.lang.Thread;)V(Unknown Source) 2.
Build Cocoon as war archive (build.sh war)In this case, I get an other error
message: "Initialization failed":Complete
stacktrace:org.apache.avalon.framework.context.ContextException: The hsqldb
cannot be used inside a WAR file. at
org.apache.cocoon.components.hsqldb.ServerImpl.contextualize(Lorg.apache.avalon.framework.context.Context;)V(ServerImpl.java:95)
at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.contextualize(Ljava.lang.Object;Lorg.apache.avalon.framework.context.Context;)V(ContainerUtil.java:155)
at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.DefaultComponentFactory.newInstance()Ljava.lang.Object;(DefaultComponentFactory.java:245)
at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ThreadSafeComponentHandler.initialize()V(ThreadSafeComponentHandler.java:108)
at
org.apache.avalon.excalibur.component.ExcaliburComponentManager.initialize()V(ExcaliburComponentManager.java:522)
at
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager.initialize()V(CocoonComponentManager.java:527)
at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(Ljava.lang.Object;)V(ContainerUtil.java:283)
at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.initialize()V(Cocoon.java:306) at
org.apache.avalon.framework.container.ContainerUtil.initialize(Ljava.lang.Object;)V(ContainerUtil.java:283)
at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.createCocoon()V(CocoonServlet.java:1360)
at
org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet.init(Ljavax.servlet.ServletConfig;)V(CocoonServlet.java:481)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInitAction.run()Ljava.lang.Object;(ServletStubImpl.java:1018)
at
weblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject.doAs(Lweblogic.security.subject.AbstractSubject;Ljava.security.PrivilegedAction;)Ljava.lang.Object;(AuthenticatedSubject.java:321)
at
weblogic.security.service.SecurityManager.runAs(Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Lweblogic.security.acl.internal.AuthenticatedSubject;Ljava.security.PrivilegedAction;)Ljava.lang.Object;(SecurityManager.java:118)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createServlet()Ljavax.servlet.Servlet;(ServletStubImpl.java:894)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.createInstances()V(ServletStubImpl.java:873)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.prepareServlet(Lweblogic.servlet.internal.RequestCallback;)V(ServletStubImpl.java:812)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlet(Ljava.lang.String;)V(WebAppServletContext.java:3281)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadServlets()V(WebAppServletContext.java:3226)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.preloadResources()V(WebAppServletContext.java:3207)
at
weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.setStarted(Z)V(WebAppServletContext.java:5737)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppModule.start()V(WebAppModule.java:874) at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.start([Lweblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer$Component;)V(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:2106)
at
weblogic.j2ee.J2EEApplicationContainer.activate([Lweblogic.management.configuration.ComponentMBean;)V(J2EEApplicationContainer.java:2147)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ComponentActivateTask.activateContainer()V(SlaveDeployer.java:2434)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.doCommit()V(SlaveDeployer.java:2352)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.commit()V(SlaveDeployer.java:2136)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.checkAutoCommit()V(SlaveDeployer.java:2235)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$Task.prepare()V(SlaveDeployer.java:2130)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer$ActivateTask.prepare()V(SlaveDeployer.java:2315)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.processPrepareTask(Lweblogic.management.deploy.OamVersion;Lweblogic.management.runtime.DeploymentTaskRuntimeMBean;Z)V(SlaveDeployer.java:866)
at
weblogic.management.deploy.slave.SlaveDeployer.prepareDelta(Lweblogic.management.deploy.OamDelta;Lweblogic.management.deploy.OamVersion;ZLjava.lang.StringBuffer;)Z(SlaveDeployer.java:594)In
both cases I used the web console to deploy Cocoon application.Anyone, who
can give me a hint how to solve both problems.In second case, the solution
to deactivate HSQL-DB isn't possible, because I need the database.Thanks for
your suggestions in advance.Regards,Christian

Cocoon developers sought

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
We're looking for software developers for full time employment in
the Boston, MA or Princeton, NJ areas.  We're a small consulting
company specializing in custom software for web based publishing.
We are committed to open source software in general and the use of
cocoon and lenya specifically.

Candidates should have good object oriented design experience, all
things XML, HTML/CSS, Java/C++, and agile development.  Good
understanding of architectural design principles and relevant
standards.

Please contact me if you are interested.

--
Jean Pierre LeJacq
CTO

Quoin Inc

RE: Cocoon 2.1.5.1 and BEA Weblogic 8.1 SP3

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.
On Fri, 22 Oct 2004, Christian Rosenberger wrote:

> Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:
>
> >> is there anyone out there, who uses the current BEA weblogic server
> >> with the current Cocoon version?
>
> >I've built and run cocoon 2.1.5.1 with WebLogic 8.1sp2.  No real
> >problems except if you have to use different versions of xalan
> >and xerces than the one bundled with WebLogic.
>
> What do you use for deployment? The web console? Did you copy the Cocoon
> directory to Weblogic subdir?

Copy Cocoon directory.

> > There are two ways, I deployed Cocoon - both not working:
> >
> > 1. Build Cocoon as web archive directory (build.sh webapp)
> >
> > If I want to access the first cocoon page
> > (http://localhost:7001/cocoon/), I get a error message "Resource not
> > found".

> This looks like cocoon is executing.  Did your sitemap and content files
> get copied over?  Try modifying the sitemap to serve a simple static
> html page.
>
> I've done just the standard cocoon build and defined this directory (in
> /home/xyz/cocoon/build/...) as a new webapp in Weblogic. If I start the
> integrated Jetty container, all works fine. (also no error message at
> build time)

I suggest turning the sitemap logging to debugging and check to see
what pipelines are invoked.

--
JP

RE: Cocoon 2.1.5.1 and BEA Weblogic 8.1 SP3

Posted by Christian Rosenberger <ch...@gmx.net>.
Hi,

Thanks for your quick answer.

Jean Pierre LeJacq wrote:

>> is there anyone out there, who uses the current BEA weblogic server
>> with the current Cocoon version?

>I've built and run cocoon 2.1.5.1 with WebLogic 8.1sp2.  No real
problems except if you have to use different versions of xalan and
xerces than the one
>bundled with WebLogic.

What do you use for deployment? The web console? Did you copy the Cocoon
directory to Weblogic subdir?

> There are two ways, I deployed Cocoon - both not working:
>
> 1. Build Cocoon as web archive directory (build.sh webapp)
>
> If I want to access the first cocoon page
> (http://localhost:7001/cocoon/), I get a error message "Resource not
> found".

This looks like cocoon is executing.  Did your sitemap and content files
get copied over?  Try modifying the sitemap to serve a simple static
html page.

I've done just the standard cocoon build and defined this directory (in
/home/xyz/cocoon/build/...) as a new webapp in Weblogic. If I start the
integrated Jetty container, all works fine. (also no error message at
build time)

>> 2. Build Cocoon as war archive (build.sh war)
>>
>> In this case, I get an other error message: "Initialization failed".
>> Stacktrace:
>> org.apache.avalon.framework.context.ContextException: The hsqldb
>> cannot be used inside a WAR file.

>As the error clearly says, you cannot run hsqldb inside a war.  I
haven't found a way around this.

Ok. I thought, maybe there's a way around this.

Christian

RE: Cocoon 2.1.5.1 and BEA Weblogic 8.1 SP3

Posted by Jean Pierre LeJacq <jp...@quoininc.com>.

Posted by Christian Rosenberger <ch...@gmx.net>.
Sorry - OE caused a strange formation of the old mail. Here the
well-formed version:

)
[...]

In both cases I used the web console to deploy Cocoon application. Is
there anyone, who can give me a hint how to solve both problems?