Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Alexander Hartner <al...@j2anywhere.com> on 2008/06/21 05:09:48 UTC

Query the current port used via API

Is there an API call I can use from a LifeCycleListener to query all
connectors for their ports and configuration (SSL / Plain). I would
like to advertise the presence of Tomcat on the network via zeroconf /
bonjour. I am hoping there is an API call I can use rather then parse
the server.xml file.

Thanks
Alex

Re: Query the current port used via API

Posted by Rainer Jung <ra...@kippdata.de>.
Hi Alexander,

Alexander Hartner schrieb:
> Is there an API call I can use from a LifeCycleListener to query all
> connectors for their ports and configuration (SSL / Plain). I would like
> to advertise the presence of Tomcat on the network via zeroconf /
> bonjour. I am hoping there is an API call I can use rather then parse
> the server.xml file.

Tomcat registers and MBean (JMX) for each connector. You can query the
mbean server and retrieve the info from there.

> Thanks
> Alex

Regards,

Rainer