Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by czy11421 <cz...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/21 22:12:27 UTC

way to speed up the message publishing ?

Do we have a way to speed up the message publishing ? For testing the
workload,  I want the Market Data Publisher Demo will publish message in
every 100ms, how to do it ?

Thanks.

Re: way to speed up the message publishing ?

Posted by czy11421 <cz...@gmail.com>.
Bruce Snyder wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 2:12 PM, czy11421 <cz...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Do we have a way to speed up the message publishing ? For testing the
>> workload,  I want the Market Data Publisher Demo will publish message in
>> every 100ms, how to do it ?
>>

> Using async sends usually speeds things up:
>
> http://activemq.apache.org/async-sends.html
>
> Bruce

I found another way, if we just want a simple test, change the refresh rate,

http://localhost:8161/demo/portfolioPublish?count=1&refresh=*0.1*&stocks=IBMW&stocks=BEAS&stocks=MSFT&stocks=SUNW

don't know how ActiveMQ implemented it in java side...

Posted by Bruce Snyder <br...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Sep 21, 2009 at 2:12 PM, czy11421 <cz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do we have a way to speed up the message publishing ? For testing the
> workload,  I want the Market Data Publisher Demo will publish message in
> every 100ms, how to do it ?

Using async sends usually speeds things up:

http://activemq.apache.org/async-sends.html

Bruce
);'

Blog: http://bruceblog.org/