Posted to user@hive.apache.org by Shrijeet Paliwal <sh...@rocketfuelinc.com> on 2010/08/24 04:02:28 UTC

Job submission delays

Hello,
If any one has an insight on reducing the hadoop job submission delays as
seen by hive Or possible causes of it being high, I would love to hear it.
Here is what is happening, I am submitting a very simple hive query  - the
lag between the time I submit it from command line and the time it appears
in hadoop job list is significant.
Sometimes in order of 200 seconds. The cluster load during a test I was
doing recently wasn't much. Even if cluster is loaded and no task slot is
free, I would assume job submission should not take time.

Query being tested: