Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/04 14:59:39 UTC

${HIVE_HOME} not picked up by web interface

All,

HIVE_HOME is set by bin/hive. HWI is trying to use this value by
default to locate the WAR file.

<property>
  <name>hive.hwi.war.file</name>
  <value>${HIVE_HOME}/lib/hive-hwi.war</value>
  <description>This is the WAR file with the jsp content for Hive Web
Interface</description>
</property>

   String hwiWAR = conf.getVar(HiveConf.ConfVars.HIVEHWIWARFILE);
  if (! new File (hwiWAR).exists() ){
	    	l4j.fatal("HWI WAR file not found at "+ hwiWAR );
	    }

However i see that ${HIVE_HOME} is not being translated. I was under
the impression that Hadoop/HIVE will parse "${VAR}" am I wrong? Is
that the ant process. If we can not parse should we change this to
work like.

new File (env.get("HIVE_HOME")+hwiWAR).exists()  ?

Thanks,
Edward

RE: ${HIVE_HOME} not picked up by web interface

Posted by Ashish Thusoo <at...@facebook.com>.
That is correct, the conf stuff does not actually understand env variables. Your approach seems reasonable. You could also just set this env variable in bin/hive as well.

Ashish