Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Alan <ne...@ambitonline.com> on 2020/11/22 22:30:50 UTC

Upgrade settings import

Is there any technical reason why "import settings" on an upgrade of
Netbeans doesn't include minor details like currently open files or
window layouts?

AW: Upgrade settings import

Posted by Christian Lenz <ch...@gmx.net>.
Hey Alan,

I just can answer the opened files. The opened files are handled from the projects. So it is Independent from the Import. If you Import Settings with all your opened projects, the assumption is that the files that were opened before, also opened. But this is not working. I think this is a bug. If you close one project and reopen it, it will open the project and all files/tabs that were opened. So all the Information you can find in nbproject/private/private.xml.

Cheers

Chris