Posted to dev@community.apache.org by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com> on 2016/11/17 08:05:11 UTC

Fwd: Congratulations on your new role at Apache

After each board meeting, the secretary sends this message to new PMC
chairs. This mailing should trigger an additional mailing from ComDev
with suggestions, recommendation, best practice, encouragement, and so
on, to the people assuming this position.

I don't know what, exactly, that message would entail, but, of course,
the resource that Craig links to here would be a good starting place.

So ... possibly another ToDo item for someone to look at.

--Rich

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Rich Bowen wrote on 11/17/16 9:05 AM:
> After each board meeting, the secretary sends this message to new PMC
> chairs. This mailing should trigger an additional mailing from ComDev
> with suggestions, recommendation, best practice, encouragement, and so
> on, to the people assuming this position.
>
> I don't know what, exactly, that message would entail, but, of course,
> the resource that Craig links to here would be a good starting place.

Yes - there are a lot of bits of change processes that now have useful,
short auto-generated emails that alert people.  Having those emails
point to some of the existing detailed docs would really help with
education.

Also, any time we can move this documentation to a public URL is
helpful.  The existing svn link is private to officers - but I bet much
of the information could actually be public (not quite all, but most)

> So ... possibly another ToDo item for someone to look at.

ApacheCon needs a giant sticky board for us all to post the millions of
great ideas on, so we can remember then when we get home!

- Shane