Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Kevin Smeltzer <ka...@lakeheadu.ca> on 2007/07/24 17:22:29 UTC

Building MinaTimeServerTutorial

Hello,

I am attempting to build the MinaTimeServerTutorial and my Java
compiler is spitting back these errors:

cannot find symbol variable ByteBuffer
cannot find symbol class SimpleByteBufferAllocator
cannot find symbol variable ByteBuffer
cannot find symbol class SocketAcceptorConfig
cannot find symbol class SocketAcceptorConfig
cannot find symbol class LoggingFilter
cannot find symbol class ProtocolCodecFilter
cannot find symbol class TextLineCodecFactory
cannot find symbol variable Charset
cannot find symbol variable TransportType
cannot find symbol class SocketSessionConfig
cannot find symbol variable IdleStatus

I notice that none of the these are specified in the import
statements. Should the example work without importing these? If so,
what am I doing wrong? :-D

Kevin Smeltzer

Re: Building MinaTimeServerTutorial

Posted by Jeroen Brattinga <je...@gmail.com>.
My computer is an AMD 3500 with 2GB RAM, running Ubuntu 7.04. Eclipse
(Europa) starts in about 10 seconds (at work I run it on an Intel 3GHz,
1GB RAM and Windows XP, it seems a tad slower -- maybe 20 seconds).

To be honest: choosing an IDE is more often than not an emotional thing.
We could spend hours debating the pros and cons of an IDE, but it'll
lead you nowhere. When I tried Eclipse for the first time, it took me a
couple of days to get used to it (coming from Borland IDEs). For me, it
were the little things that got me hooked: the Quick fix, the Content
Assist, refactoring (really cool in the latest Europa edition, btw).

But as I said, it has to feel right. Most of the Eclipse stuff can be
found in NetBeans and (I suppose) JCreator. But combined with a couple
of plugins (Subclipse and JSEclipse are my favorites!) Eclipse is really
the only choice for me.

Jeroen Brattinga.

Posted by Mark Webb <el...@gmail.com>.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opensuse