Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Naga Srinivas <na...@kinetiksystems.com> on 2003/05/29 19:57:15 UTC

TOMCAT SSL ACTIVE DIRECTORY

Guys!!
  Here is a challenge to be resolved. I need to create users from a
servlet running on Tomcat in AD. After a big fight and having help from
sun forum I could able to write a class which could do the desired task
with SSL.

When I am using that class and methods from a servlet it started all
over again saying it couldn't find the "TRUSTED
CERTIFICATE"(javax.naming.CommunicationException: simple bind failed).
I tried confiuring tomcat with SSL.Follwed its documentation.But still i
have the same exception.

Rather than creating.keystore which tomcat looks for I configured tomcat
to look for cacerts in which i have my certificate.
server.xml ===>>uncommenting connector Tag for 8443 and adding
keystorefile and keytorepass attributes to factory TAG

Server restarts with out any problem, but https://11.11.11.11:8443/
gives me page not found and 8080 port is running fine.

Are there any steps I am missing? Request u guys to show me ways to fix
this!!

Thanks
Naga