Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org> on 2005/05/02 02:51:22 UTC

Re: Hackathon at ApacheCon EU 2005? (was Re: [CANCELLED] Hackthon London 30 April/1st May 2005)

>> Well, I trying to work out something with Ben and
>> the ApacheCon folks. AFAIK the official ApacheCon
>> Hackathon starts on Monday ...but a few of us Cocoon
>> folks would like to start and meet up on Sunday
>> already.
>

> I have just heard that we cannot use the conference
> venue on Sunday, but it might be possible to find
> another nearby.

Bummer :-(

Any other people that would like to show up
other than just us Cocooners? Are there any
committers based in/near Stuttgart?

...as long as we are not too many it cannot
be that hard to find a different venue for
that day.

We only need a number...

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: Hackathon at ApacheCon EU 2005? (was Re: [CANCELLED] Hackthon London 30 April/1st May 2005)

Posted by Henning Schmiedehausen <hp...@intermeta.de>.
I'd come earlier if we start earlier. :-) (after all it is just a two
hours drive from here).

Speaking of a location:

The KDE people were at the Filmakademie Ludwigsburg
(http://www.filmakademie.de/) for their last KDE summit (which is quite
close to Stuttgart). They even got some support from the state of Baden-
Württemberg for their meeting.

If you are interested, I can set you up with a contact on the KDE team.

	Regards
		Henning

On Mon, 2005-05-02 at 10:51 +1000, Torsten Curdt wrote:
> >> Well, I trying to work out something with Ben and
> >> the ApacheCon folks. AFAIK the official ApacheCon
> >> Hackathon starts on Monday ...but a few of us Cocoon
> >> folks would like to start and meet up on Sunday
> >> already.
> >

> > I have just heard that we cannot use the conference
> > venue on Sunday, but it might be possible to find
> > another nearby.
>
> Bummer :-(
>
> Any other people that would like to show up
> other than just us Cocooners? Are there any
> committers based in/near Stuttgart?
>
> ...as long as we are not too many it cannot
> be that hard to find a different venue for
> that day.
>
> We only need a number...
>
> cheers
> --
> Torsten

      RedHat Certified Engineer -- Jakarta Turbine Development
   Linux, Java, perl, Solaris -- Consulting, Training, Engineering

                     4 - 8 - 15 - 16 - 23 - 42