Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Daniel Pocock <da...@pocock.pro> on 2017/06/30 09:44:40 UTC

qpid-proton (Python, C++), RabbitMQ, creation_time == 0

Hi all,

I'm using a Python script (Qpid Proton/Python) to send to a queue in
RabbitMQ and then I'm receiving the messages with Qpid Proton C++.

In the consumer, I notice the message.creation_time().milliseconds()
always returns 0

I'm using the Qpid Proton Debian packages[1] (0.14.0)

Do I need to initialize the creation_time manually in Python before sending?

Or is this similar to the RabbitMQ bug[2] with TTL perhaps?

Regards,

Daniel

1. https://packages.qa.debian.org/q/qpid-proton.html
2. https://github.com/rabbitmq/rabbitmq-amqp1.0/issues/13

Re: qpid-proton (Python, C++), RabbitMQ, creation_time == 0

Posted by Gordon Sim <gs...@redhat.com>.
On 30/06/17 10:44, Daniel Pocock wrote:
> I'm using a Python script (Qpid Proton/Python) to send to a queue in
> RabbitMQ and then I'm receiving the messages with Qpid Proton C++.
>
> In the consumer, I notice the message.creation_time().milliseconds()
> always returns 0

This is a bug in proton-c which always sends out the creation-time and
absolute-expiry-time as 0 even if not specified (whereas they should be
null in that case):

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PROTON-927

Re: qpid-proton (Python, C++), RabbitMQ, creation_time == 0

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
If you want the sent AMQP messages to have an actual creation-time
value set, I beleive you will need to set it yourself yes.

There is likely (unsure if the C++ bits are affected, but probably
since its in the underlying C bits) a bug however in that from a
protocol perspective it should be null rather than 0 if not set: