Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Chen, Li (Research, YOH)" <ch...@research.ge.com> on 2003/07/10 19:43:29 UTC

Simple MessageContext problem...

Hi All,
	There seems to be a problem with using MessageContext object in Axis
1.1. I've deployed a service (a .java file, not JWS) with deploy.wsdd and
all, plus a handler that intercepts the incoming SOAP message before it
arrives the service...there was no problem accessing MessageContext (for
username and password) in the handler, but when I write the following line
in the service code:

String applicationName= (MessageContext.getCurrentContext()).getUsername();

I get the following error:

<faultstring>java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException</faultstring>

(extracted from tcpmon).

I have been working on this for days with no avail...what could possibly be
a cause of this??

Thanks!!

Re: Simple MessageContext problem...

Posted by Tony Opatha <to...@yahoo.com>.
1) Is this the username/password for the HTTP Basic Authentication header
or for a SOAP security header?

2) how can we extract the userid & password for SOAP security header
in AXIS handler?

"Chen, Li (Research, YOH)" <ch...@research.ge.com> wrote:
Hi All,
There seems to be a problem with using MessageContext object in Axis
1.1. I've deployed a service (a .java file, not JWS) with deploy.wsdd and
all, plus a handler that intercepts the incoming SOAP message before it
arrives the service...there was no problem accessing MessageContext (for
username and password) in the handler, but when I write the following line
in the service code:

String applicationName= (MessageContext.getCurrentContext()).getUsername();

I get the following error:

soapenv:Server.userException