Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Pachinger Martin <ma...@siemens.com> on 2003/02/26 17:05:27 UTC

FOP with jimi

	Hallo

	Here is the link to the release notes
	http://xml.apache.org/fop/relnotes.html

	In the release notes of the version 0.20.3 there is following text:
	Jimi has been removed for licensing reasons
	If you need PNG support you have to download Jimi
<http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/>, copy it to lib/ and build FOP yourself

	I download the file "jimi1_0.zip" and copy it to lib/.
	How can i build FOP by myself?

	version 0.20.4 :
	Fop has been compiled with Jimi support this time but you still have
to download Jimi <http://java.sun.com/products/jimi/> and copy it to lib/ to
get PNG support (no need to build FOP yourself though).

	I download the file "jimi1_0.zip" and copy it to lib/.

	When running FOP following error uccurs:
	Error while creating area : Error creating FopImage object
(file:rating.png) : Jimi image library not available

	Why?

	i hope you can help
	Martin

Re: AW: AW: AW: AW: FOP with jimi

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Yes, it works here. Are you absolutely sure your classpath is ok?
Because if fop.bat works it's the only thing that can still go wrong.
You need fop.jar, batik-blah.jar, avalon-framework-blah.jar and
jimi-1.0.jar.

On 28.02.2003 10:18:59 Pachinger Martin wrote:
> version 20.3:
> now with fop.bat and png the pdf-file was generated with no error.
>
> my question:
> did you try to get the pdf-file with embedding FOP ??
>
> here i get the same error as before!

Jeremias Maerki

Re: AW: AW: AW: FOP with jimi

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Yes, that's how it is supposed to work.

I've just done the following:
1. Extract the source distribution version 0.20.5rc2
2. Put jimi-1.0.jar in the lib directory
3. called "build clean"
4. called "build"
5. used fop.bat to transform a XSL-FO file referencing a PNG graphic to
PDF (fop -fo pngtest.fo -pdf pngtest.pdf)

It worked.

On 28.02.2003 09:36:09 Pachinger Martin wrote:
> i use fop.bat and in this file the jimi-library is in the classpath!
>
> my question:
> when download jimi, i get the file "jimi1_0.zip".
> in this zip-file is another zip-file named "JimiProClasses.zip".
> i extracted this file and renamed it to "jimi-1.0.jar" before i build fop
> new!
> is this ok?

Jeremias Maerki

Re: AW: AW: FOP with jimi

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.
Why do you use version 0.20.3? It's pretty old already.

How are you running FOP? Using fop.bat? If yes, open fop.bat in an ASCII
editor and check if the name for the JIMI library in the classpath
matches the name under which the JIMI library is in your lib directory.
It's most likely that due to the filename you don't have the JIMI
library in the classpath at runtime.

On 28.02.2003 08:48:14 Pachinger Martin wrote:
> version 0.20.3:
> i have download the source distribution.
> after "build clean" i "build" fop new
> (here a part of the listing:
> prepare-jimi:
>      [echo] Jimi library is present. Fop installs jimi support.
>      [copy] Copying 1 file to D:\fop-0.20.3\build\src
>
> also the "JimiImage.class" is in the fop.jar file !
>
> but when starting fop the same error occurs

<snip/>

> > If you use fop.bat it should work. If not make sure the library is in
> > the classpath. Renaming jimi1_0.zip to jimi.jar could help, too.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: AW: FOP with jimi

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch>.

Re: FOP with jimi