Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Stevie O <st...@qrpff.net> on 2002/02/01 02:28:17 UTC

host-based mod_rewrite?

I have a domain, say, domain.com.

It is housed in

/www/domain.com/

I would like addresses such as the following:
x.domain.com
y.domain.com
z.domain.com

to refer to

/www/domain.com/x/
/www/domain.com/y/
/www/domain.com/z/

I know how to use mod_rewrite to change the effective root dir of a URL,
but is it possible to do this based off of the hostname?

--
Stevie-O

Real programmers use COPY CON PROGRAM.EXE

RE: host-based mod_rewrite?

Posted by Stevie O <st...@qrpff.net>.
At 11:59 AM 2/1/2002 -0500, Joshua Slive wrote:

>See:
>http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html
>
>Joshua.

Thank you! I *KNEW* I had seen that page before, I just couldn't remember
any specifics to search for :(

RE: host-based mod_rewrite?

Posted by jon schatz <jo...@divisionbyzero.com>.
On Fri, 2002-02-01 at 08:59, Joshua Slive wrote:
> See:
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/vhosts/mass.html

also, this is almost trivial to do if you use mod_perl and the <perl>
directive.

-jon

--
jon@divisionbyzero.com || www.divisionbyzero.com