Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "Sathishkumar.P" <sa...@wnipl.com> on 2008/07/04 12:28:21 UTC

GUI based SVN client for linux

Hi,
    Is there any GUI based SVN client available for linux? like windows
using tortoise svn client.
    If yes please give me the url for download.

Regards
Sathish

Re: GUI based SVN client for linux

Posted by Bogdan Cristea <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Friday 04 July 2008 16:37:12 you wrote:
> I don't have kdesvn,
> while running konqueror it opens the web page only..
> How to run this???

Install kdesvn first :)

--
Bogdan Cristea
software engineer

Re: GUI based SVN client for linux

Posted by "Sathishkumar.P" <sa...@wnipl.com>.
I don't have kdesvn,

Posted by Bogdan Cristea <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Friday 04 July 2008 17:18:44 Roger Lipscombe wrote:
> > I have asked once on the viewvc discussion list why this feature is
> > missing, giving as example TortoiseSVN. The answer was that this feature
> > cannot be integrated since TortoiseSVN libraries are not open source. I
> > was not aware about cervisia. You could ask this question again on viewvc
> > discussion list if you want.
>
> Huh? TSVN is GPL-ed. I had to deal with this question recently when
> designing the new COM-based issue tracker integration interface (resulting
> in a GPL exclusion for implementations of the interfaces). Does someone
> want to take this to the ViewVC list?

Well, the "ViewVC" developer has said a different thing (see below). Sorry,
when answering the first time I have not had the time to check the ViewVC
discussion list .

TortoiseSVN's graphing stuff is custom to that tool, isn't
librarized, runs
only on Windows, and is pretty slow.  The reason it is slow is basically the
same reason that nobody has written a librarized svngraph program --
Subversion's repository data is stored in a way that is not conducive
generating such a graph.  TortoiseSVN works around this, I believe, by
basically replaying the entire history of the repository and generating a
local cache that *does* contain the required information not present in the
Subversion repository proper.
You can find here the full thread:
http://viewvc.tigris.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgNo=5360

--
Bogdan Cristea
http://cristeab.googlepages.com

RE: GUI based SVN client for linux

Posted by Roger Lipscombe <ro...@1e.com>.
> I have asked once on the viewvc discussion list why this feature is missing,
> giving as example TortoiseSVN. The answer was that this feature cannot be
> integrated since TortoiseSVN libraries are not open source. I was not aware
> about cervisia. You could ask this question again on viewvc discussion list
> if you want.

Huh? TSVN is GPL-ed. I had to deal with this question recently when designing the new COM-based issue tracker integration interface (resulting in a GPL exclusion for implementations of the interfaces). Does someone want to take this to the ViewVC list?

Cheers,
Roger.

DISCLAIMER: This is a PRIVATE message. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete without copying and kindly advise us by e-mail of the mistake in delivery. NOTE: Regardless of content, this e-mail shall not operate to bind 1E Ltd to any order or other contract unless pursuant to explicit written agreement or government initiative expressly permitting the use of e-mail for such purpose

Re: GUI based SVN client for linux

Posted by Bogdan Cristea <cr...@gmail.com>.
On Friday 04 July 2008 17:06:10 Philippe Andersson wrote:

> >> Does it now provide a graphical view of your version tree, as cervisia
> >> used to do ?
> >>
> >> Ph. A.
> >
> > No, I don't think kdesvn has this facility. I prefer to use viewvc for
> > browsing subversion repositories.
>
>  From the viewVC home page:
>
> "Revision graph capabilities (via integration with CvsGraph) (CVS only)."
>
> => look like the version tree is CVS-only. Do you confirm ?
>
> Ph. A.

Yes, viewvc does not have "revision graph capabilities".

Posted by Ni...@infineon.com.

You think wrong :-) kdesvn has certainly got graphical vtrees. Since kdesvn is an application, these can be scrolled, zoomed and clicked interactively.

Nick.

Re: GUI based SVN client for linux

Posted by Philippe Andersson <pa...@iba-group.com>.
Bogdan Cristea wrote:
>>> kdesvn should be provided by all major distros. It
is also integrated in
>>> Konqueror.
>> Does it now provide a graphical view
of your version tree, as cervisia
>> used to do ?
>>
>> Ph. A.
>
> No, I
don't think kdesvn has this facility. I prefer to use viewvc for
> browsing
subversion repositories.

 From the viewVC home page:

"Revision graph
capabilities (via integration with CvsGraph) (CVS only)."

=> look like the
version tree is CVS-only. Do you confirm ?

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator
IBA Particle Therapy |
Tel: +32-10-475.983
Fax:
+32-10-487.707
eMail: pan@iba-group.com
<http://www.iba-worldwide.com>

The
contents of this e-mail message and any attachments are intended solely for
the recipient (s) named above. This communication is intended to be and to
remain confidential and may be protected by intellectual property rights. Any
use of the information contained herein (including but not limited to, total
or partial reproduction, communication or distribution of any form) by persons
other than the designated recipient(s) is prohibited. Please notify the sender
secure or error-free. Ion Beam Applications does not accept liability for any
such errors. Thank you for your cooperation.

Re: GUI based SVN client for linux

Posted by Bogdan Cristea <cr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Philippe Andersson <pa...@iba-group.com>.

commands, e-mail: users-help@subversion.tigris.org

> kdesvn should be
provided by all major distros. It is also integrated in
> Konqueror.

Does
it now provide a graphical view of your version tree, as cervisia
used to do
?

Ph. A.

--

*Philippe Andersson*
Unix System Administrator
IBA Particle
Therapy |
Tel: +32-10-475.983
Fax: +32-10-487.707
eMail: pan@iba-group.com
<http://www.iba-worldwide.com>

The contents of this e-mail message and any
attachments are intended solely for the recipient (s) named above. This
communication is intended to be and to remain confidential and may be
protected by intellectual property rights. Any use of the information
contained herein (including but not limited to, total or partial reproduction,
communication or distribution of any form) by persons other than the
designated recipient(s) is prohibited. Please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from
your system. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-

Posted by Bogdan Cristea <cr...@gmail.com>.