Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Nathan Stott <nr...@gmail.com> on 2010/08/23 21:57:32 UTC

replication bug

I've identified a bug in replication in couchdb.

Here are the steps to reproduce:

Create a user named "bubba"
Create a database with a design document that has attachments.
Make this database have "bubba" as an admin and set a reader role of "readme"

Try to replicate this DB on another machine with credentials for bubba
in the URL (http://bubba:password@remotemachine:port/mydb)

You will receive 401s in the log in attachments.  It does not matter
whether you give bubba the "readme" role or not, the results are the
same.  Remove the attachment and the design doc will replicate fine.
Remove the "readers" from the security object of the DB and the desing
doc will replicate fine.

This is tested and reproduced on 1.0.1

Re: replication bug

Posted by Filipe David Manana <fd...@apache.org>.
Nathan,

This ticket:

Fixes the issue, as pointed by Adam.
I just added a test case for this specific use case to 1.0.x branch and trunk:

The test fails on 1.0.1 (and bellow), as expected, but succeeds in
1.0.x and trunk.

regards,

On Sun, Sep 19, 2010 at 2:01 PM, Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org> wrote:

> On 24 Aug 2010, at 18:26, Nathan Stott wrote:
>
>> I tried it, didn't fix my issue.
>
> Can you open a new JIRA issue for this so we won't forget about it?
>
> Cheers
> Jan
> --
>

>> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 9:38 AM, Adam Kocoloski <ko...@apache.org> wrote: