Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Cescy <29...@qq.com> on 2011/03/06 14:30:10 UTC

about pdf search

Hi,

I am developing a pdf search engine, just use in local computer to search massive pdf documents.

I used pdfbox+lucene to index and search, and then I have to display the context to the user in pdf file in user interface. HOW CAN I ACHIEVE THIS???

THX

Re: about pdf search

Posted by Ian Lea <ia...@gmail.com>.
Please don't cross-post to multiple lists.

Look back through the lucene user email archive and you'll find people
talking about this or use your favourite search engine to find hits
for something like "lucene pdf highlighting".

If you don't find an answer, post again to the most appropriate list
only, with the specific problem.
Is the problem with searching?  Highlighting text? Generating a PDF?
Highlighting within a generated PDF?

--
Ian.