Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by "Wolf, Chris (IT)" <Ch...@morganstanley.com> on 2008/06/06 23:03:10 UTC

Bug CXF-830 closed, but I still have it.

I am trying to configured the out-of-the-box CXF security interceptors,
but I am getting a NullPointerException:

INFO: Interceptor has thrown exception, unwinding now
java.lang.NullPointerException
	at
org.apache.cxf.staxutils.StaxUtils.readDocElements(StaxUtils.java:658)
	at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJInInterceptor.handleMessage(SAAJInI
nterceptor.java:110)
	at
org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJInInterceptor.handleMessage(SAAJInI
nterceptor.java:1)
	at
org.apache.cxf.phase.PhaseInterceptorChain.doIntercept(PhaseInterceptorC
hain.java:220)
[...]

Here, I have no actions configured, so the processing should just be
pass-through
to validate my setup before trying to actually configure security.

  <jaxws:endpoint
        id="secadmin"
        implementor="com.ms.ibd.svcscore.secadmin.SecAdminImpl"
        wsdlLocation="WEB-INF/wsdl/secadmin.wsdl"
        address="/secadmin">
    <jaxws:features>
      <bean class="org.apache.cxf.feature.LoggingFeature"/>
    </jaxws:features>
    <jaxws:inInterceptors>
        <bean
class="org.apache.cxf.binding.soap.saaj.SAAJInInterceptor"/>
        <ref bean="wss4jInConfiguration"/>
    </jaxws:inInterceptors>
  </jaxws:endpoint>
  <bean id="wss4jInConfiguration"
class="org.apache.cxf.ws.security.wss4j.WSS4JInInterceptor">
    <!-- property name="properties">
      <map>
        <entry key="action" value="Timestamp"></entry>
      </map>
    </property-->
  </bean>

I found this problem logged as a bug, but closed with "won't fix".

I looked at:
http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/ws-security.html

and that doesn't offer troubleshooting advice.

I am using a snapshot from April.

Regards,

Chris Wolf

RE: Bug CXF-830 closed, but I still have it.

Posted by "Wolf, Chris (IT)" <Ch...@morganstanley.com>.
This 2008-04-01 snapshot is all I have to work with here.  Is there
any way to get it to work with this code?

Chris W.

Not really sure what would cause that.   That said, with CXF 2.1, you
don't need to configure in the SAAJInInterceptor.   The
WSS4JInInterceptor will automatically do that if needed.    I'm not
sure if that would change anything (it shouldn't).

Dan

---
Daniel Kulp
dkulp@apache.org
http://www.dankulp.com/blog

RE: Bug CXF-830 closed, but I still have it.

Posted by "Wolf, Chris (IT)" <Ch...@morganstanley.com>.
Well, since we use wrapped doc-literal, our services are also able
to be invoked REST-style, so I use a JSP page with query strings
for quick and easy testing, hence the GET.  Sorry about that.

I will look into using a real XML invoking method, perhaps
even an actual test client...

   -Chris W.

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Jun 9, 2008, at 2:11 PM, Wolf, Chris (IT) wrote:

> Ok, I was able to try the 2.1 release, I also commented out the
> explicit
>
> SAAJ interceptor from the config file, as you suggested.  I am STILL
> getting the NullPointerException.  I notice that the WSS4J interceptor
> is incorporating the SAAJ interceptor implicitly.
>
> BTW, why was CXF-830 closed with "Won't Fix"?  I seem to be getting
> it,
> even with the latest release.

It was marked won't fix because when they updated from 2.0 to the
latest 2.0.x (probably 2.0.3 at the time), the problem went away.
Thus, it was assumed already fixed.

 From the stack trace, the XMLStreamReader is null.   I have NO idea
how that would occur.

Actually....

Posted by "Wolf, Chris (IT)" <Ch...@morganstanley.com>.
Ok, I was able to try the 2.1 release, I also commented out the explicit

SAAJ interceptor from the config file, as you suggested.  I am STILL
getting the NullPointerException.  I notice that the WSS4J interceptor
is incorporating the SAAJ interceptor implicitly.

BTW, why was CXF-830 closed with "Won't Fix"?  I seem to be getting it,
even with the latest release.  Can you offer any debugging strategies

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.