Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Torben Nielsen <tn...@pine.dk> on 2001/04/17 12:21:52 UTC

Functionallity and fo:external-graphic

Hi All

I have asked this question before, but with the new release it might have been solved.

It's regarding scaling and the use of 'fo:external-graphic'

I was told before that the properties 'scaling-method' and 'scaling' wasn't implemented.

What I had liked was to be able to use something like 'scaling-method´="scale-to-fit"

When I look at the new 'ExternalGraphic.java' in the Apache Source, I can see that some work has been done here.
It looks to me as the graphic is being scaled to fit as a standard.

But it doesn't work.
So IS the scaling stuf implemented or am I doing something wrong ???

Regards
Torben Nielsen
Pine Tree Systems
Denmark
<fo:flow flow-name="xsl-region-body">
    <fo:block-container height="9cm" width="15cm" top="0cm" left="0cm" position="absolute"
                                border-style="solid" border-color="black" border-width="2.5pt"

        <fo:external-graphic  src="file:{MOSAIC/IMAGE/IMAGEFILE}"/>
    </fo:block-container>

Re: Functionallity and fo:external-graphic

Posted by Eric SCHAEFFER <e-...@wanadoo.fr>.
There's no scaling implementation. The code only performs some checks.
You should specify a least one of the sizes elements (width or height). The graphic will use the right aspect ratio to compute the other one.

Eric.

Eric SCHAEFFER
eschaeffer@emahoo.com
FOP, the first XSL:FO Processor