Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Naveen Sharma <ma...@gmail.com> on 2006/01/30 09:28:48 UTC

About Struts

I am a beginner at struts.
Can u plz tell me the basics of Struts

About Struts

Posted by khan <mk...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

   Naveen, u can have a look to the below links it is useful at this stage.
   http://www.roseindia.net/struts/
    http://courses.coreservlets.com/Course-Materials/struts.html

   I have gone through the material on struts and in order to check the flow
of struts w.r.t some project so i downloaded the "Polls 2.5 ver" project
from " https://sourceforge.net/ " and implemented with tomcat 5. It is
giving me "ServletException" in the beginning of the first page. The same
exception is coming with ver 2.4 also.

  Can anyone tell me wht is the mistake and where iam going wrong. Also can
anyone let me know any project from which i can have a look of the proper
project flow through code.

  I have completed all the requirements given in "ReadMe file"
*ReadMe File:*

        Struts-Polls :: Struts Polls Management System ::

This document contains notes that have been accumulated on getting the
Struts-Spring jPolls application running in a variety of servlet Container
environments.

For most containers, you need only to:

* Copy the WAR file < polls.war > into your container's < /webapps >
directory.

* In some cases, you may need to restart your container if it is running.

* Use a web browser to access a URL like this:
    http://localhost:8080/polls
  If 8080 is the port number you use for HTTP access on your container.

Status of various containers tested:

* Tomcat 4.X.X Standalone - No additional steps required.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Khan

Posted by khan <mk...@gmail.com>.
Hi All,

   Naveen, u can have a look to the below links it is useful at ur stage.
   http://www.roseindia.net/struts/
    http://courses.coreservlets.com/Course-Materials/struts.html

   I have gone through the material on struts and in order to check the flow
of struts w.r.t some project so i downloaded the "Polls 2.5 ver" project
from " https://sourceforge.net/ " and implemented with tomcat 5. It is
giving me "ServletException". The same exception is coming with ver
2.4also. I have enclosed the error as in image for ur reference.

Re: About Struts

Posted by Kumar deepak <de...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Naveen,