Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joon Lee <ju...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/18 02:33:16 UTC

[users@httpd] site loads correctly using lan ip, but not from other computers on same lan

Hi, I've got a configuration using ProxyPass for a webapp running on
localhost to be accessible from example.com:9999 and a wordpress blog on
example.com:80. the httpd.conf vhost setting like this:

<VirtualHost *:9999>
ServerAdmin admin@example.com
ServerName www.example.com
ServerAlias example.com

# Indexes + Directory Root.
DirectoryIndex index.php
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/example.com/wordpress

ProxyRequests Off
<Proxy *>
Order deny,allow
Allow from all
</Proxy>
ProxyPass / http://localhost:8888/
ProxyPassReverse / http://www.example.com:9999/
#ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain localhost:8888 www.example.com:9999/
ProxyPassReverseCookiePath / /

</VirtualHost>
<VirtualHost *:80>
ServerAdmin admin@example.com
ServerName www.example.com
ServerAlias example.com

# Indexes + Directory Root.

DirectoryIndex index.php
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/example.com/wordpress
</VirtualHost>

the computer (192.168.1.5) running apache itself is trying to serve
wordpress from the standard example.com and proxy a localhost app on port
9999 (example.com:9999) to the internet. the wordpress site works from
192.168.1.5 from anywhere on the network (on port 80), but the localhost
app proxy on 192.168.1.5:9999 works on 192.168.1.5 itself but not on other
computers within the network. why would it only work on the originating
server and not its peers?

[users@httpd] Re: site loads correctly using lan ip, but not from other computers on same lan

Posted by Joon Lee <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Serge, thanks for the reply!

>>Have you read into AllowCONNECT
I've tried adding it for ports 9999 and 8888.

>>does your URL change when you visit the pages.
>>Since I'd expect proxypass and proxypassreverse to refer to the same url
I've changed the setting for ProxyPassReverse to match ProxyPass

so now my vhost setting for the webapp looks like this with AllowConnect
added and ProxyPassReverse edited:

<VirtualHost *:9999>
ServerAdmin admin@example.com
ServerName www.example.com
ServerAlias example.com

# Indexes + Directory Root.
DirectoryIndex index.php
DocumentRoot /var/www/html/example.com/wordpress

ProxyRequests Off
AllowConnect 9999 8888
ProxyPassReverse / http://localhost:8888 <http://www.example.com:9999/>
#ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain localhost:8888 www.example.com:9999/
ProxyPassReverseCookiePath / /

</VirtualHost>

>>Have you read the logs and could you post any relevant entries
After the changes, the behavior is the same, and both the access and error
logs don't show any entries for attempts to access 192.168.1.5:9999 from
other computers on the network, only for the attempts made from 192.168.1.5
itself.

Any other ideas?

-Daniel Lee

Re: [users@httpd] site loads correctly using lan ip, but not from other computers on same lan

Posted by Igor Cicimov <ic...@gmail.com>.
Drop the cookie thing and replace localhost with 192.168.1.5 in the proxy
lines

Posted by Serge Fonville <se...@gmail.com>.
Also,

does your URL change when you visit the pages.

Since I'd expect proxypass and proxypassreverse to refer to the same url

Kind regards/met vriendelijke groet,

Serge Fonville

http://www.sergefonville.nl

Convince Google!!
They need to add GAL support on Android (star to agree)
http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4602

2012/3/18 Serge Fonville <se...@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> Two things:
>
> Have you read into AllowCONNECT
> Have you read the logs and could you post any relevant entries
>
> HTH
> Kind regards/met vriendelijke groet,
>
> Serge Fonville
>
> http://www.sergefonville.nl
>
> Convince Google!!
> They need to add GAL support on Android (star to agree)
> http://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=4602
>

> 2012/3/18 Joon Lee <ju...@gmail.com>:
>> Hi, I've got a configuration using ProxyPass for a webapp running on
>> localhost to be accessible from example.com:9999 and a wordpress blog on
>> example.com:80. the httpd.conf vhost setting like this:
>>

>> <VirtualHost *:9999>
>> ServerAdmin admin@example.com
>> ServerName www.example.com
>> ServerAlias example.com
>>
>> # Indexes + Directory Root.
>> DirectoryIndex index.php
>> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/example.com/wordpress
>>
>> ProxyRequests Off
>> <Proxy *>
>> Order deny,allow
>> Allow from all
>> </Proxy>
>> ProxyPass / http://localhost:8888/
>> ProxyPassReverse / http://www.example.com:9999/
>> #ProxyPassReverseCookieDomain localhost:8888 www.example.com:9999/
>> ProxyPassReverseCookiePath / /
>>
>> </VirtualHost>
>> <VirtualHost *:80>
>> ServerAdmin admin@example.com
>> ServerName www.example.com
>> ServerAlias example.com
>>
>> # Indexes + Directory Root.
>>
>> DirectoryIndex index.php
>> DocumentRoot /var/www/html/example.com/wordpress
>> </VirtualHost>
>>

>> the computer (192.168.1.5) running apache itself is trying to serve
>> wordpress from the standard example.com and proxy a localhost app on port
>> 9999 (example.com:9999) to the internet. the wordpress site works from
>> 192.168.1.5 from anywhere on the network (on port 80), but the localhost app
>> proxy on 192.168.1.5:9999 works on 192.168.1.5 itself but not on other
>> computers within the network. why would it only work on the originating
>> server and not its peers?

Als

Re: [users@httpd] site loads correctly using lan ip, but not from other computers on same lan

Posted by Serge Fonville <se...@gmail.com>.