Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by ge...@bt.com on 2009/11/27 10:00:50 UTC

Constraints on Nodes

Hi

I don't see anything available in jackrabbit that enables me to impose
constraints on Nodes (e.g. ensure only one node of specific type is
created).

Can someone confirm that this feature is definitely NOT available, and
if not whether there is a planned feature to provide it in the future.

Many thanks

Regards

George Sibley

RE: Constraints on Nodes

Posted by ge...@bt.com.
Many thanks for the speedy update Stefan.

> I don't see anything available in jackrabbit that enables me to impose

> constraints on Nodes (e.g. ensure only one node of specific type is
> created).

you can define costraints on the types of child nodes and on the values
of properties.

but there's no easy way of implementing something like a 'singleton
node'
(i.e. only one node instance of a particulal type per
workspace/repository).

cheers
stefan

Re: Constraints on Nodes