Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by vikrant singh <vi...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/09 00:39:58 UTC

Reasonable config for ZK

Hello All,
I have a 3 server cluster running on virtual machines with 4 core Intel
processor with 25gb RAM.
MaxLatency on servers are around 200-500 ms. Another similar cluster with
more ephemeral nodes (and watches) has MaxLatency of around 2 secs.

I am wondering what should be a reasonable tick time (and other critical
config) I should keep for the same? right now it is 500ms and I do see some
connection loss occasionally.

If it helps, I use curator for creating these connection and most of them
are ephemeral.
Thanks,
Vikrant

Re: Reasonable config for ZK

Posted by vikrant singh <vi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your reply.
I do not see any disturbance between server participating in quorum. But I
will double check and send more information with server logs.

This connection loss is local to client. I am using curator framework to
manage connections. Curator framework has a default session timeout of 15
seconds and connection timeout of 60 seconds. defined here
<https://github.com/apache/curator/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=curator-default-session-timeout>
. On server side my ticktime is 500 ms.
I do have these GC settings (and other settings).
-XX:+UseG1GC -Xmx12G -Xms12G -XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions
-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=200 -XX:GCPauseIntervalMillis=800
-XX:G1ReservePercent=50 -XX:G1OldCSetRegionThresholdPercent=20
-XX:InitiatingHeapOccupancyPercent=20
Please let me know if you some issues which may have side effects.

Thanks

Re: Reasonable config for ZK

Posted by Rakesh Radhakrishnan <ra...@gmail.com>.
Hi Vikrant,