Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Jae Lee <Ja...@forward.co.uk> on 2010/12/02 14:58:12 UTC

what's the difference between EnforcedSchema and DeterminedSchema

I've came across the notion of EnforcedSchema and DeterminedSchema in org.apache.pig.impl.logicalLayer.LOLoad.

Can anybody explain the differences between those two?

Re: what's the difference between EnforcedSchema and DeterminedSchema

Posted by Daniel Dai <ji...@yahoo-inc.com>.
DeterminedSchema is the schema from the LoadFunc. EnforedSchema is only
for debug purpose. This is how we fake schema and make test run in our
test suite. In real situation, EnformedSchema is not being used.

Daniel