Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Tim Ellison <t....@gmail.com> on 2008/04/30 14:27:42 UTC

[weblogic][suncompat] Stubs for RI-specific classes needed for WebLogic enabling (HARMONY-5755)

Mikhail Markov (JIRA) wrote:
> [weblogic][suncompat] Stubs for RI-specific classes needed for WebLogic enabling
>
>                  Key: HARMONY-5755
>

> I've spent some time trying to enable SPECjAppServer2004 on WebLogic
> with Harmony and got a list of RI-specific classes needed by WebLogic.
> This is not Harmony bugs, but WebLogic ones as it should not use
> non-public API bugs, nevertheless i'd like to share the stubs so those
> who want to try WebLogic could easily do this.
> All the stubs were obtained in clean-room without looking into RI or
> WebLogic sources - i've tried to run WebLogic, got an exception
> clarifying the situation and prepared stubs according to the details fo
> exception thrown.

Interesting work Mikhail.  How far did you get in running WebLogic?

Regards,
Tim

Re: [weblogic][suncompat] Stubs for RI-specific classes needed for WebLogic enabling (HARMONY-5755)

Posted by Mikhail Markov <mi...@gmail.com>.
(sorry for late response - just got back from vacation).

The status of SjAS on WebLogic enabling is that is works ok on DRLVM with
MySQL DB and the lowest injection rate :-).
Also administrative console works ok and services could be added/modified
through it. All Harmony bugs found during enabling were filed and fixed
already.
Although there are some major hints for sucessful run (i've mentioned them
in JIRA as well):
1) WebLogic does not work with Native IO (WebLogic feature) enabled. The
exceptions lead deeply into SUN internal classes.
2) MX4J connectors in Harmony (mx4j-remote.jar) does not work with WebLogic
(i have no time trying to figure out what's particularly wrong in MX4J) -
this could be workarounded by using remote connectors from WebLogic
distribution (which is actually RI connectors).
3) Problem with deployment: I could not properly deploy SjAS and could not
find "normal" information about the root cause of the problem, so i've first
deployed it with RI and after that just modified config.xml and copied data
directories (/servers/AdminServer/tmp/_WL_user/SPECjAppServer) from there.

I've decided to file this JIRA in case if someone wants to repeat the
success :-).
The question is do we want to commit the stubs for required RI internal
classes to svn?
I'm tending to the option of committing them...
Thanks,
Mikhail