Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm> on 2007/05/18 18:22:13 UTC

Sudden change to SNAPSHOT behaviour

Hi all,

I have a weird problem that has just struck - in the past, I have used
"mvn deploy" to deploy snapshot packages to our internal repository, so
that "mvn install" can pull down those snapshots to other environments.

All of a sudden, mvn deploy complains that my snapshot artifact cannot be
found.

Turns out that mvn deploy has uploaded a file like this:

alchemy-transformer-4.0.28-20070518.155230-1-R2006b-windows-x86.jar

While mvn install is trying to download a file like this:

alchemy-transformer-4.0.28-SNAPSHOT-R2006b-windows-x86.jar

And the install fails.

Does anyone know why mvn deploy no longer deploys -SNAPSHOT jars to the
repository, or why the install plugin no longer downloads -<timestamp>
jars from the repository?

I am using mvn 2.0.4 for upload, and mvn v2.0.6 for download.

Regards,
Graham