Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by mip <ma...@planchant.co.uk> on 2013/09/12 16:42:18 UTC

Intercepting third-party web service responses

Hello,

I've a requirement which I think Apache CXF may be able to help me with but
I have not found an example which has convinced me it is possible.

I have a weblogic server which has some web services deployed to it. These
web services were written by our supplier so I have no access to the source
code. I would like to intercept the outgoing SOAP responses from these web
services and add to the HTTP headers.

Is this going to be possible with Apache CXF? How can I tie my interceptor
to the web service?

Thanks for any advice,

Matt.

Re: Intercepting third-party web service responses

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Sep 12, 2013, at 10:59 AM, Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com> wrote:

> I don't think that CXF is likely to be your solution.
>
> You might investigate using an open source proxy server like Squid and adding some custom code that identifies the pages/messages produced by the web services and plays with the headers.
>
> Just a wild guess but I hope in stimulates some better ideas.

If this is just to modify a protocol header, a simple Camel route using the HTTP components would likely be a lot easier than using CXF.

from("http://localhost:8080/blah")
  .setHeader("Header", "Value"))
  .to("http://realservice");

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp

Re: Intercepting third-party web service responses

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.