Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by Emma Johansson <Em...@su.eip.ericsson.se> on 2002/10/08 15:01:47 UTC

soap, Jetty

Hi!

Is there some way to create a client that communicates with a servlet
where Jetty is the servlet container and all messages should be
transmitted as SOAP messages over HTTP? If so, please tell me how.

I have just found tutorials when Tomcat is the server.

/ Emma

Re: soap, Jetty

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
You can now view Jetty installation instructions at
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/xml-soap/java/docs/install/
jetty411.html?rev=1.1.

Scott Nichol

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
The jetty.sh with Jetty 4.1.4 has the section

# Build the classpath with Jetty's bundled libraries.
if [ $JAVA_VERSION -lt 4 ]
then
   CP=$(ls $JETTY_HOME/ext/*.jar $JETTY_HOME/lib/*.jar | \
      egrep -v org.mortbay.jetty.jar | \
      paste -s -d"$PATH_SEPARATOR" - )
else
   CP=$(ls $JETTY_HOME/ext/*.jar $JETTY_HOME/lib/*.jar | \
      egrep -v
org.mortbay.jetty-jdk1.2.jar\|crimson.jar\|javax.xml.jaxp.jar | \
      paste -s -d"$PATH_SEPARATOR" - )
fi
[ "$CLASSPATH" != "" ] && CP=$CP$PATH_SEPARATOR$CLASSPATH
[ -f $JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar ] &&
CP="$CP$PATH_SEPARATOR$JAVA_HOME/lib/tools.jar"
CLASSPATH="$CP"
<<<<

To use it with Apache SOAP, I would add a line before CLASSPATH="$CP"
like

CP="$CP$PATH_SEPARATOR/path-to-jar/mail.jar$PATH_SEPARATOR/path-to-jar/a
ctivation.jar"

Scott Nichol

Re: soap, Jetty

Posted by Emma Johansson <Em...@su.eip.ericsson.se>.