Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by wicket user <sa...@live.com> on 2012/07/05 08:04:51 UTC

Servlet Filter calling chain of Servlets

Hi,

I was wondering we can write a custom servlet filter , and in that filter
call the servlet chain.
If so what would be Request and Reponse Objects if I dont write any
Request/Response Wrappers, and how to get that.

Re: Servlet Filter calling chain of Servlets

Posted by wicket user <sa...@live.com>.
so in this case i can get the Request/Response object by
(WebRequest) getRequestCycle().getRequest() and (WebReponse)
getRequestCycle().getResponse()  right?
and all the parameters or cookies can get from the WebRequest which will be
passing thorough the Servlet Chain .

Re: Servlet Filter calling chain of Servlets

Posted by Martin Grigorov <mg...@apache.org>.
Hi,

The request and response are the ones passed by the web container.
Since you will not wrap them then they will be the same objects for
all filters/servlets in the chain.

On Thu, Jul 5, 2012 at 8:04 AM, wicket user <sa...@live.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering we can write a custom servlet filter , and in that filter
> call the servlet chain.
> If so what would be Request and Reponse Objects if I dont write any
> Request/Response Wrappers, and how to get that.

Martin Grigorov
jWeekend
Training, Consulting, Development
http://jWeekend.com