Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Punith <Pu...@Ge.Com> on 2014/05/05 07:39:32 UTC

Data Logs Deletion

We are using activemq 5.7.0 and AMQPersistenceAdapter with a clean upinterval
of 2000 ms (rest of the parameters are default). We are using queue
configuration (no Topic). The broker service is running on Tomcat. We are
injecting say around 10-30 msg per sec.What we have observed is the Data
files in journal/data-1 doesn't gets cleared for long time. Even tough we
see data-1 not getting updated for more than hour it still stays and finally
gets deleted after 2-3 hours. This is resulting in data files getting piled
up.Wanted to know:1. What is the logic behind the data files getting deleted
? Even tough the data files are not getting updated whey are they not
gettign deleted?2. We have also obseved that in case of a broker service
crash and when the Tomcat is restarted, the messages whihc were successfully
consumed by the consumer (1 month or 1 week back) reappear on the queue and
due to which we get duplicate messages at the consumer side. We are
suspecting the data files not getting deleted could be the reason along with
some bug in ActiveMQ. Wanted to what could be the reason of Messages which
were actively consumed re-appear on the Queue after the crash ?Punith