Posted to user@lucenenet.apache.org by David Ordas <do...@mecalux.com> on 2020/10/19 11:20:13 UTC

Beta 4.8.0-beta00012

Hello,
I'm trying to update from beta 8 to beta12 but now it requieres:
Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.Abstractions (>= 3.1.3)

The problem is that my app is a NetCore 2.2 app and requires:

Microsoft.AspNetCore.App 2.2.0 ->
Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.Abstractions (>= 2.2.0 && < 2.3.0)

This requirement will be there in final released version? Is there any
chance to avoid it?

Thanks!

RE: Beta 4.8.0-beta00012

Posted by Shad Storhaug <sh...@shadstorhaug.com>.
Hi David,

Thanks for the report. Unfortunately, AFAIK there is nothing you can do as a consumer to install a lower package than the minimum specified as a NuGet dependency, and the documentation seems to back that up:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/nuget/concepts/dependency-resolution#resolving-incompatible-package-errors

I have downgraded Microsoft.Extensions.Configuration.Abstractions (and related libraries) to version 2.0.0 in this PR:

https://github.com/apache/lucenenet/pull/388

We plan to get a new release vote started within the next few days that will include this change.

Thanks,
Shad Storhaug
Project Chairperson - Apache Lucene.NET