Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dan Stromberg <ds...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/10 19:08:44 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] Trouble compiling apache with mod_ssl, having two versions of OpenSSL on openSUSE 10.3

It seems that building Apache 2.2.12 from source against OpenSSL 1.0.0
beta 3 (also built from source) on an openSUSE 10.3 system that has
rpm's of older Apache and OpenSSL, yields a build failure - maybe
because of the dual OpenSSL, maybe not.

Is this a known issue?

Is there a fix?

I've googled and googled, and found nothing but questions.  OK, there
were answers, but they were of the "Are you sure you installed
OpenSSL?" or "Why not use rpm's?" variety, while I have 2 OpenSSL's
not 0, and I can't use rpm's due to the oldness of the OS I must build
on and for.

It seems like mod_ssl.c isn't #include'ing ap_config_auto.h directly
or indirectly, so naturally HAVE_OPENSSL isn't #define'd.

Thanks!

Posted by Dan Stromberg <ds...@gmail.com>.
Someone else replied off-list that 2.2.13 works with OpenSSL 1.0.0
beta, and that there's a patch for 2.2.12 that works as well.

2.2.13 does appear to, though there's one remaining issue:
-DHAVE_OPENSSL still wasn't getting defined.  I added -DHAVE_OPENSSL
to my $CC, and things built, and I can list http and https URL's in
subversion now.  This despite #define HAVE_OPENSSL being in
ap_config_auto.h.

Thanks folks!

On Mon, Aug 10, 2009 at 10:38 AM, Dan

Posted by Dan Stromberg <ds...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Peter Sylvester <pe...@edelweb.fr>.
Dan Stromberg wrote:
> It seems that building Apache 2.2.12 from source against OpenSSL 1.0.0
> beta 3 (also built from source) on an openSUSE 10.3 system that has
> rpm's of older Apache and OpenSSL, yields a build failure - maybe
> because of the dual OpenSSL, maybe not.
>
> Is this a known issue?
>
> Is there a fix?

openssl 1.0.0 can only be used in httpd 2.2.13

also you might check that the ./configure picks
up the right version in for openssl.pc in
/usr/lib/pkg-config or in /usr/local/lib/ssl