Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Wojtek Ciesielski <cc...@interia.pl> on 2007/02/13 13:02:07 UTC

extended build version numbers

Hi all,

I've noticed that artifacts deployed by continuum server do have
extended version number... In the POM file  the version specified is
1.0-SNAPSHOT but in the repository I'm getting artifacts like
my-module-1.0-20070213.093006-5.jar. It causes that a module from
repository handled by continuum is being loaded while a newer module
(which is named 1.0-SNAPSHOT) is already deployed to my local repository
by local mvn build... Could you suggest what would be a best practice to
handle this?

Thanks in advance,
Wojtek

Posluchaj plyty i wyjedz do Paryza!
kliknij >> http://link.interia.pl/f1a10

Re: extended build version numbers

Posted by Emmanuel Venisse <em...@venisse.net>.
It's the timestamp version of the snapshot. Maven generate always it when it is deployed to the repository.

In your pom you use -SNAPSHOT and maven will find the latest snapshot available in the repo with timestamped version

Emmanuel

Posted by Wojtek Ciesielski <cc...@interia.pl>.
Hi there,