Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com> on 2013/05/08 17:16:35 UTC

Test ALL screens automatically?

Just had an idea: could we not build a mechanism which would test ALL screens automatically?
Not to be run with run-tests but from time to time when we do major or deep overhauls.
Of course this would not be JUnit tests but more using Selenium WebDriver or the kind, like what Erwan was lastly working on.

Maybe there is something already that I'm not aware of?

This would be a good regression test, I believe

Jacques

Re: Test ALL screens automatically?

Posted by Medhat AbdelBadie <me...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,

Using packages like Selenium WebDriver which is the successor of Selenium
remote control or Selenium Grid which controls and distribute test cases
load on many Selenium remote control needs a lot of configurations and
environment settings.
Do you think project like this will be part of the ofbiz distribution or
will only done on the server holding the demo-trunk?

Regards,
Medhat

Posted by Hans Bakker <ma...@antwebsystems.com>.
Hi Jacques,

we are running selenium tests on our demo server every day on
developments we do for our customers and tried to make this part of the
ofbiz package.....

So sure, i completely agree......

Regards,
Hans