Posted to dev@empire-db.apache.org by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/14 21:11:10 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Empire-db 2.0.6-incubating (rc2)

Hi,

We have just prepared the second 2.0.6-incubating release candidate
and we are now looking for approval of the PMC to publish the release.
Once the community approves the release we will have a second binding
release round for IPMC members.

These are the major change from our previous 2.0.5-incubating release:

- Code-Generator allows generation of Data Model code files for
existing databases
- Maven plugin for DB-Code-Generator
- New example to demonstrate interoperability between Empire-db and Spring
- Provided jars are now OSGi compatible

These are the changes since previous rc:

- Fixed progress data type issue (EMPIREDB-76)
- Fixed codegen app + added tests
- Fixed missing commons-logging dependency making war's unusable

Changelog:
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/incubator/empire-db/tags/apache-empire-db-2.0.6-incubating-rc2/CHANGELOG.txt?view=co

Subversion tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/empire-db/tags/apache-empire-db-2.0.6-incubating-rc2

Maven staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheempire-db-025/

Distribution files are located here
http://people.apache.org/~francisdb/empire-db/

Rat report for the tag is available here:
http://people.apache.org/~francisdb/empire-db/rat.txt

Vote open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1
[ ] +0
[ ] -1

--
http://www.somatik.be

Re: [VOTE CANCELLED] Release Apache Empire-db 2.0.6-incubating (rc2)

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
codegen example was disabled for the normal build
same thing for the dist,

Ok, I'll have to redo the release as something is clearly wrong with
these snapshot versions :-(

Thanks for testing.

--
http://www.somatik.be

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Empire-db 2.0.6-incubating (rc2)

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.
So far for getting a release by monday :-s
Anyway, I'm just going to decouple the example from the build and set
it to 2.0.6-incubating maven plugin

I'll cut the rc3 this evening

Posted by Francis De Brabandere <fr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Benjamin Venditti <be...@arcor.de>.