Posted to user@avro.apache.org by Patrick Nip <pn...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2014/09/06 01:34:43 UTC

Can avro cpp support multiple records?

[https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/images/cleardot.gif]

More specifically if I have the following payload with 2 records, "metadata" and "data". Can avro cpp library parse each record successively? If it can, can you shared some code sample of how that can be done? I know the Java library BinaryDecoder has no problem dealing with it. You just need to construct different GenericDatumReader using different schema to read into the same decoder. E.g.

new GenericDatumReader<GenericRecord>(metaDataSchema).read(null, decoder);
new GenericDatumReader<GenericRecord>(dataSchema).read(null, decoder);

But is it possible to do the same thing in C++ ??

{
  "metadata" : {
  },
  "data" : {