Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Florian MOGA <mo...@gmail.com> on 2010/10/07 12:35:24 UTC

[DISCUSS] JIRA categories

Hi,

The Tuscany committers would like to clean up the current JIRA categories
and would like to find out your opinion about them. Currently, we have 2

1. Reduce the granularity to something like:

  Java SCA
  Java SDO
  Java DAS
  C++ SCA
  C++ SDO
  C++ DAS
  OASIS Compliance - OASIS
  OASIS Compliance - TUSCANY
  Tools (including Hudson, Maven, SVN issues)
  Website/Documentation
  Community Ideas

2. Keep a separate category for the most used modules and anything that
doesn't fit in any of those can go to something like an SCA Java Bindings,
SCA Java Implementations or SCA Java Runtime folder.

Which one would help you most? How do you find reporting issues to Tuscany
and what can be improved? Feel free to share your suggestions given your
experience as Tuscany users.

Thanks,

Florian
on behalf of the Tuscany committers

RE: [DISCUSS] JIRA categories

Posted by Gregor Kiddie <Gr...@channeladvisor.com>.
>> 2. Keep a separate category for the most used modules and anything
that
>> doesn't fit in any of those can go to something like an SCA Java
>> Bindings, SCA Java Implementations or SCA Java Runtime folder.
>>
>As an example, this would include popular bindings such as binding.ws
>and binding.jms.  If people have problems with one of these bindings,
>it might be helpful if they could quickly search JIRA for problems
>specifically related to that binding.  Would this be useful?
>
>   Simon

Yes, very much so... Especially the JMS one ;)

Gk.

Re: [DISCUSS] JIRA categories

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.
I've added one comment/clarification below.

   Simon