Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Jacek Marcin Jaworski <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/03/02 08:17:18 UTC

What is the best way to debug Cordova apps?

Hi
I am fascinating with features of Cordova. I write simple app which
function not properly. I want to debug this app, but apparently NetBeans
(which I use) not allow me to debug my Cordova app. I try use an
emulator and real mobile, but it not debug any way...
Please tell me how to debug Cordova app with Netbeans or let me know how
some better IDE to develop Cordova applications.

Thanks, and best regards
Jacek

Re: What is the best way to debug Cordova apps?

Posted by Jesse <pu...@gmail.com>.
Android Studio to debug native android portions, and
chrome://inspect/#devices to debug the JS side.
Similarly you can use Xcode for native iOS code, and safari debug tools for
JS.

@purplecabbage
risingj.com

Posted by Patrick Mueller <pm...@gmail.com>.
Jacek, sorry I cannot provide advice on IDEs.  On the subject of debugging
outside of an IDE, I have some links in the yellow box on the front page of
the weinre docs for Android and iOS apps.

    https://people.apache.org/~pmuellr/weinre/docs/latest/

If these don't work for you, weinre itself (described on that page) may be
useful - it's not really maintained anymore, but there are developers that
still use it productively.

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 3:17 AM, Jacek Marcin Jaworski <
jacek.marcin.j@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi
> I am fascinating with features of Cordova. I write simple app which
> function not properly. I want to debug this app, but apparently NetBeans
> (which I use) not allow me to debug my Cordova app. I try use an emulator
> and real mobile, but it not debug any way...
> Please tell me how to debug Cordova app with Netbeans or let me know how
> some better IDE to develop Cordova applications.
>
> Thanks, and best regards
> Jacek

Patrick Mueller
http://muellerware.org