Posted to dev@lucenenet.apache.org by Soormasher Singh <so...@yahoo.com> on 2006/05/21 23:01:08 UTC

Error during indexing process

Hello there

I'm using Lucene 1.4.3 to index database records
(about 100,000 or so). Till yesterday, everything was
going fine and I didn't have any problems in indexing.
Today, out of nowhere, I've started getting the
following error:

Cannot rename segments.new to segments

In some cases, it's the same error with the word
'delete' instead of rename.

Sometimes the above error occurs after indexing 20,000
records, other times after 2000.

I've tried using StopAnalyzer (which is what I'm using
by default) and StandardAnalyzer but get the same
problem with both.

Any suggestions/workarounds for this. I really need
some inputs on this.

Thanks!

soormash

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: Error during indexing process

Posted by Soormasher Singh <so...@yahoo.com>.
Hello Jeff

Many thanks for your response.
I should have been more specific in my message.

I'm getting the error message when I'm recreating an
Index. That is, I'm specifying the Create Index
parameter for IndexWriter:

IndexWriter writer = new IndexWriter(indexloc,
analyzer, true );

I don't encounter any problems when I'm just adding
more documents to an existing index. May be it's
because of the number of documents I'm appending
(usually around 5000 when appending versus close to
100,000 when creating fresh index).
I'm using Lucene 1.4.3.

Thanks a bunch!

Posted by Jeff Rodenburg <je...@gmail.com>.