Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by "Radev, Martin" <ma...@tum.de> on 2019/08/20 13:16:11 UTC

Request for review: [C++] Expose codec compression level to user https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/5071

Dear all,

since this patch modifies the API and touches a lot of files to propagate the information through the stack, it would be great to receive some more constructive reviews on what makes sense and what doesn't.

Patch:

https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/5071

[C++] Expose codec compression level to user

In some situations the user might benefit by using a compression

level other than the default one in Arrow. This patch adds a method

to the ColumnProperties builder to allow the user to select a

compression level.

Kind regards,
Martin

Re: Request for review: [C++] Expose codec compression level to user https://github.com/apache/arrow/pull/5071

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
hi Martin -- I will review it when I can. There are a lot of patches to review.

Thanks
Wes