Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by Th...@nepatec.de on 2005/06/29 13:48:40 UTC

ServletContextProvider in other portals

hi everyone!

i am using the struts-bridge and it makes me very happy.
i use struts-applications in jetspeed2 and pluto-portal.

but now my question:
how get i know which ServletContextProvider i have to use in other
portals?
is there any way or only the manuals ?
must every portal have a class like this?:
org.apache.pluto.core.impl.PortletContextImpl;

i hope for answer.

thomas koch

Re: ServletContextProvider in other portals

Posted by Th...@nepatec.de.
hi ate !
thanks for your answers.

but, i think, that we have a problem with the interface
javax.portlet.PortletContext.
sadly it do not include a method like getServletContext().
so not every implementation of this interface, in other portals, must
haveto realise
this method.
J2 is doing that and pluto has a second own interface
org.apache.pluto.core.InternalPortletContext where
the method public javax.servlet.ServletContext getServletContext is
defined.

so, as a result, not every portal-software has to provide the method we
need ?!

thomas

Thomas.Koch@nepatec.de wrote:
> hi ate !
> do you have the implementations for the other portals ?  are they
> reachable above cvs ?
JBoss and Stringbeans are both open-source (but with a more restricted
license)
and both provide the Struts Bridge for Struts integration in their
portals.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.

Posted by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu>.