Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Abramson, Rami" <ra...@terayon.com> on 2002/12/19 08:07:38 UTC

change the configuration file 'delay' time during runtime

Hello,

How is it possible to change the configuration file 'delay' time during
runtime?

Knowing that the default properties file that the log4j looks for is
log4j.properties, I have tried to write in it:

log4j.PropertyConfigurator.delay=100

but then, during runtime changing other properties in the file do not
influence the debugging.

	thank you,

              Rami A.

Re: change the configuration file 'delay' time during runtime

Posted by Daniel Serodio <da...@checkforte.com.br>.
AFAIK, you need to call
PropertyConfigurator.configureAndWatch("log4j.properties", 100) instead
of relying on "default" initialization

On Thu, 2002-12-19 at 05:07, Abramson, Rami wrote:
> Hello,
>
> How is it possible to change the configuration file 'delay' time during
> runtime?
>
> Knowing that the default properties file that the log4j looks for is
> log4j.properties, I have tried to write in it:
>
> log4j.PropertyConfigurator.delay=100
>
> but then, during runtime changing other properties in the file do not
> influence the debugging.
>

> 	thank you,
>
>               Rami A.

[]'s