Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Clark <j....@ISYSPLC.com> on 2003/01/03 14:06:08 UTC

Help with Tomcat on HP-UX 10.20

I have spent some time looking at the FAQs, archives, etc. but cannot find
the information I need, can anyone help.

I have an intranet application (using JSP) that currently runs using Oracle
9i (Apache built in) on Linux and using Oracle 8 and Tomcat on NT/2000.

I now want to use it with Oracle 8 on HP-UX 10.20 and need answers to the
following:

1. Can I just use Tomcat, or do I also need Apache?
2. I have downloaded a version of JDK (1.18.07) from the HP website, will
this work?

Any help much appreciated.

Re: Help with Tomcat on HP-UX 10.20

Posted by Jeanfrancois Arcand <jf...@apache.org>.

John Clark wrote:

>I have spent some time looking at the FAQs, archives, etc. but cannot find
>the information I need, can anyone help.
>
>I have an intranet application (using JSP) that currently runs using Oracle
>9i (Apache built in) on Linux and using Oracle 8 and Tomcat on NT/2000.
>
>I now want to use it with Oracle 8 on HP-UX 10.20 and need answers to the
>following:
>
>1. Can I just use Tomcat, or do I also need Apache?

Yes, you can.

>2. I have downloaded a version of JDK (1.18.07) from the HP website, will
>this work?

You need at least JDK 1.2 to run Tomcat 4.1.18. Tomcat 3.2.2 & 3.3 will
work with your current JDK.

-- Jeanfrancois