Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@hp.com> on 2003/10/02 10:56:14 UTC

How to work with XMLs?

Hi,

I'm going to enhance o.a.g.xml.deployment.LocalEntityResolver so that it
   will look up publicIds and systemIds in its catalogue. The idea is
very well described in the javadoc of EntityResolver class -
http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/org/xml/sax/EntityResolver.html.

As the catalogue is to be an xml file, the question I couldn't find an
answer to is how to handle XMLs?

The run:main goal invokes xmlbeans to generate POJOs for the standard
DDs, but I haven't yet been able to figure out why it's done. On the
other hand, I'd bet we agreed to not use any of generators and handle
the binding ourselves, i.e. create a Loader that maps elements to
appropriate POJOs. Is that correct? If so, should the loader and POJO
belong to o.a.g.xml.deployment package?

Unless such a page already exists, once I have finished it I'l describe
   how Geronimo handles XML files in Wiki.

Cheers,
-Jacek

RE: How to work with XMLs?

Posted by Jeremy Boynes <je...@coredevelopers.net>.
Couple of things.

The plan was to do something quick to sort out the data model we needed
internally. The loader uses raw DOM for now but should migrate to
something better (XMLBeans) in the future; this will probably happen in
conjunction with the JSR88 tool impl that needs to write out valid
documents.

For a more general solution, we have been thinking about persistence to
XML in general (e.g. in a form that the CMP impl could use). This hasn't
got much beyond the "neat idea" stage, but if anyone want to pick it up
the wiki may be good place to start.

--
Jeremy

Re: How to work with XMLs?

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@hp.com>.

Re: How to work with XMLs?

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@yahoo.co.uk>.

On Thursday, October 2, 2003, at 10:15  am, Juan Albisu wrote:

> Maybe we can use Jaxb
> At 10:56 02/10/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm going to enhance o.a.g.xml.deployment.LocalEntityResolver so that
>> it   will look up publicIds and systemIds in its catalogue. The idea
>> is very well described in the javadoc of EntityResolver class -
>> http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/api/org/xml/sax/
>> EntityResolver.html.
>>
>> As the catalogue is to be an xml file, the question I couldn't find
>> an answer to is how to handle XMLs?
>>
>> The run:main goal invokes xmlbeans to generate POJOs for the standard
>> DDs, but I haven't yet been able to figure out why it's done. On the
>> other hand, I'd bet we agreed to not use any of generators and handle
>> the binding ourselves, i.e. create a Loader that maps elements to
>> appropriate POJOs. Is that correct? If so, should the loader and POJO
>> belong to o.a.g.xml.deployment package?
>>
>> Unless such a page already exists, once I have finished it I'l
>> describe   how Geronimo handles XML files in Wiki.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> -Jacek

James
-------