Posted to users@maven.apache.org by laredotornado-3 <la...@gmail.com> on 2011/05/25 22:38:37 UTC

Can Maven dynamically change my application.xml file?

Hi,

I'm using Maven 3.0.3 with WebSphere 6.1.  In my
src/main/webapp/META-INF/application.xml file, I have

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
&lt;!DOCTYPE application PUBLIC &quot;-//Sun Microsystems, Inc.//DTD J2EE
Application 1.3//EN&quot;
&quot;http://java.sun.com/dtd/application_1_3.dtd&quot;&gt;

   <application>
      <display-name>myco</display-name>
      <module>
         <web>
            <web-uri>myco-app-1.0-SNAPSHOT.war</web-uri>
            <context-root>myco</context-root>
         </web>
      </module>
   </application>

I had to change the "web-uri" component to match the WAR file generated by
Maven, otherwise, my app doesn't deploy.  Problem is, with each incremental
build, I have to change this file by hand.  Is there a way I can get Maven
to auto-generate the file for me when it builds the EAR?  Here's my pom.xml

        <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
        <groupId>com.company.mycousa.myco</groupId>
        <artifactId>super-pom</artifactId>
        <packaging>pom</packaging>
        <version>1.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
        <name>myco Super POM</name>
        <modules>
                <module>myco-app</module>
                <module>myco-app-ear</module>
                <module>myco-web</module>
        </modules>
</project>

Thanks, - Dave

RE: Can Maven dynamically change my application.xml file?

Posted by "Adrian Shum (HK/IT-AD)" <ad...@htisec.com>.
Hi,

Shouldn't that be generated automaitcally by ear plugin?

    <build>
        <plugins>
            <plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
                <configuration>
                    <displayName>Foo</displayName>
                    <description>Foo EAR</description>
                    <version>5</version>
                    <modules>
                        <webModule>
                            <groupId>your.group.id</groupId>
                            <artifactId>myco-web</artifactId>
                            <contextRoot>/myco</contextRoot>
                        </webModule>
                    </modules>
                </configuration>
            </plugin>
        </plugins>

application.xml will be generated accordingly.

Adrian Shum

[...]

This email is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Any unauthorized use, disclosure, dissemination or copying of this email is prohibited. Haitong International Securities Group, its group companies and their content providers ("Parties") shall not be responsible for the accuracy or completeness of this email or its attachment, if any, which could contain virus, be corrupted, destroyed, incomplete, intercepted, lost or arrive late. The Parties do not accept liability for any damage caused by this e-mail.