Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jack Dong <jd...@sohu.com> on 2002/06/24 09:09:34 UTC

A newbie question

hi,
I am a newbie to use cocoon,and get a question.
I use cocoon 2.1 and tomcat 4.0.4 beta3.
when i type
http://localhost:8080/cocoon, it's right.
but when i copy the "hello world" sample
from "$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/cocoon/sample/hello-world" to"$CATALINA_HOME/webapps/cocoon/hello-world"
and type
http://localhost:8080/cocoon/hello-world/hello.html
it response a error page,that note"resource not found", why and what relation have between main sitemap and substitute sitemap?

by the way, what mean like "{1}.rdf ,{2}.rdf"?

thinks advance.

Re: A newbie question

Posted by Diana Shannon <sh...@apache.org>.
On Monday, June 24, 2002, at 03:09  AM, Jack Dong wrote:

> by the way, what mean like "{1}.rdf ,{2}.rdf"?

Please take a moment to read:
   http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/matchers/matchers.html
   http://xml.apache.org/cocoon/userdocs/concepts/matchers_selectors.html

If you are still confused, report back to this list about what you find
unclear about the above docs. (Please note that matchers.html was edited
earlier this month.)

Thanks.

-- Diana

P.S. TODO: FAQ similar to above. Simple and Nested sitemap parameter
Snippet docs. Perhaps simple concepts in Snippet docs are more
accessible than docs?